Friday, February 14, 2014

"Sweet" 16

I spend a lot of time at night on Pinterest and blogs checking out all the creativity in the scrap universe (while hubby is watching sport).
 
I see so many lovely layouts based around a gorgeous photo, but I tend to scrap what's going on in my life...the good times and the not so great.
 
And that's what this layout is about... a day that started out great, but turned out to be so very disappointing for all concerned. It was LIFE and it was gritty and I could have swept it under the rug, but I needed to scrap it.
 

 
I used lots of old rubons to grunge it up, tags and hidden journaling that slides out. The big 16 is actually cut from a photo of her decoration.
 

2 comments:

  1. Terrific LO...love the grunge and the pink, the Sweet 16 juxtaposed with the 'you've got to be kidding' and rating the day as great and bad. This is a very clever LO laden with humour, sarcasm but mostly raw emotion. You're right somethings you just need to scrap and you nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the validation Jenny. This was a hard one, but I think it worked.

      Delete