Monday, July 23, 2012

She Art

You know how I have been bemoaning the loss of my mojo, well I think it might be on it's way back. I have been re-mojovated (I love making up new words).

On Friday I got to spend some time with some lovely crafty friends, who are always inspiring in so many ways. One of my friends: Jenny (is a very talented artist, cardmaker & scrapbooker and has been published in many magazines over the years) showed us some of her latest works of art and even though I check them out on her blog, you get to see so much more detail in person. One of the items was a She Art canvas and I was so inspired that later that night I signed up for the course with Christy Tomlinson and devoured the online classes over the weekend.

My boss gave me the day off today and as all my chores had been done on the weekend in anticiaption of working today, I sat down & played. One of the advantages of doing craft for so long is that I had all the items needed and could just get busy and create. I got so carried away that I forgot to use some of the class techniques, but I am quite happy with the end result. I can't wait for my next day off to try another one.

I made this one for my younger daughter...I hope she likes it

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely AMAZING! I hope your daughter loves it - it's pretty darn fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She came running out of her room whern she got home from school saying "Is this me, is it mine, it's so lovely" so I think she likes it LOL. Was a lot of fun to do in only a couple of hours. TFL

      Delete