Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blokes birthday's

I don't know about you, but amongst my family & friends there is very little call for male birthday cards. However, the other day I got a call from my mother in law asking if I would make a card for a family friend's (male) 80th birthday next week. Always happy to oblige her, I did and reproduced a card that I had made in a class with Rachel Greig of Darkroom Door last year.
Joyful Scraps had Rachel as their "Who's Who of Scrapbooking" for May and check out the Darkroom Door products here.

I didn't think to photograph it before I sealed it up, but then remembered that my boss's birthday is also next week so created another using the same stamp. On the first card I put a tag on the front which says "Timeless Classic circa 1931", on the inside of this card it says "You're not old, you're a classic" (I think I can get away with that as we have known each other for about 15 years).


Instead of the tag & twine that I used on the first one, on this one I added some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment